Follow us on Twitter
R W A M R E C P U B L I C A T I O N S
|Reflections on engaging men as allies in women’s economic empowerment in Rwanda
Most livelihood and ‘economic empowerment’ initiatives in the global South currently focus on women, and with good reason. At the global level, (...) Read More 4 June 2015
|Working with men for gender equality in Rwanda
The advancement of women is critical to good governance, social and economic development and an active civil society, and thus benefits men as (...) Read More 4 June 2015
|MenEngage tri-Country project review 2015
Gender-based violence (GBV) takes centre-stage in this project review, which draws on project activities for GBV prevention conducted by Sonke (...) Read More 17 March 2015
|RWAMREC STUDY ON MASCULINITY AND GBV IN RWANDA
What is the relation between masculinity perceptions and gender-based violence committed by men towards women? How do men see their male role in (...) Read More 20 January 2015
|Sexual and gender-based violence (GBV) base-line study in 13 districts
This study provides a baseline situation on GBV in 13 selected districts of Rwanda. The study was commissienned by four civil society (...) Read More 24 February 2014
- Men are naturally loving, caring and sensitive; and may practice compassion and non-violence.
- Powerful men do not need to hurt or blame others.
- Men of quality do not fear equality.
- There are non-violent, non-abusive, and non-controlling means of solving problems and conflicts.
Quotes on Gender
- “A state that does not educate and train women is like a man who only trains his right arm.” ― Jostein Gaarder, Sophie's World
- “If women are expected to do the same work as men, we must teach them the same things.” ― Plato, The Republic
- “In politics, If you want anything said, ask a man. If you want anything done, ask a woman.” ― Margaret Thatcher