1. Promote Male Engagement approaches and initiatives in ending men’s violence against women and gender-based violence,
2. Promote Men’s positive attitudes and behaviors towards non-violence and gender equality practices in Rwanda,
3. Building partnerships, networking synergies between men and women for effective prevention sexual and gender-based violence and promotion of healthy families,
4. Spearheading capacity development networking and building synergies with other stakeholders for effective prevention of sexual and gender-based,
5. Development of community resource centers and evidence-based programming initiatives based on action-oriented research in areas of gender equality, MenEngage approaches, and gender-based violence in Rwanda.
The main activities of RWAMREC include but are not limited to the following :
All these activities shall be done in many areas of development, mainly ; health, education, women’s empowerment and poverty reduction programs, demobilization and reintegration of ex-combatants, public awareness/community mobilization on prevention of gender-based violence, empowerment of local leaders and opinion leaders on providing gendered collective services, women and children’s rights promotion and protection, etc.