The Rwanda Men’s Resource Centre (RWAMREC) is a non-governmental Organization whose aim is to address issues of negative masculinity, gender inequality by engaging men to play a significant role and as partners with women in preventing GBV and promoting gender equality and healthierfamilies. To date, RWAMREC operates in 21 Districts. The implementation is effected through community mobilization campaigns, capacity building to mainstream and implement the Men Engage approach in existing programs and advocacy for policy formulation and change to reflect male engagement approaches.
To fill-up its organization structure, RWAMREC would like to recruit2 field officers under its Prevention+ project operating in Karongi District and 3 staff for its upcoming project ‘’Improve Women Economic Empowerment by promoting redistribution of un paid care work and increasing women’s decision-making power(WOW).
Number of needed staff: Two
Major duties and responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Prevention+ project Coordinator, the Field
Officers shall have the following roles and responsibilities:
- Participate in planning, coordination and implementation of Prevention+ work in Karongi and elsewhere the project may operate from in the future,
- Participate in conducting situational analysis in collaboration with the existing stakeholders to determinate the needs of various participants, partners and stakeholders,
- Participate in identifying trainees
- Participate in adaptation and utilization of training modules where needed
- Take the lead in organizing, implementing and supervising training
- Conduct monitoring sessions of both PED and schools and provide regular feedback to RWAMREC and stakeholders
- Coordinate/conduct coordination and refection meetings with the various groups we work with
- Participate in the project evaluation when needed
- Produce monthly/quarterly work plans and periodic reports on the project as requested
- Liaise and coordinate with district authorities to ensure project interventions are aligned with district priorities
- Producing weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
- Writing stories of change from the field.
Required skills, knowledge and behavior
- Only former or current RWAMREC employee in any project,
- At least a bachelor degree in communications orgender studies
- At least 5years of work experience in training on gender
- Experience in writing stories of change
- Experience in developing learning materials and delivering trainings
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people in communities
- Excellent communication and writing skills with demonstrated ability to produce good reports
- Excellent written and spoken Kinyarwanda and English
- Ability to effectively use a computer to access information and prepare reports
- Hardworking with capacity to work independently with minimum supervision
- Honesty, integrity, openness and respect
- Excellent team member
- Persuasive and able to work with different cultural settings, culturally sensitive
- Result oriented
- To possess a licence for driving a motorbike
- Duty station: 90% in Karongi district and 10% at Headquarter
How to apply
- Signed motivation letter with only 500 words, Font: Arial, Font size: 12
- A detailed updated CV (4 pages maximum)
- Notified Degree
Applications specifying the position must be addressed to the Chairperson of RWAMREC not later than 30th January 2019 at 4:00 pm local time.
Only electronic copies of applications will be accepted and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to Gloria@rwamrec.org and Venant@rwamrec.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Done at Kigali on 15 January 2019